They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good Thing: How to Hem Jeans

Every time I buy a pair of jeans, I have a dilemma. There is no such thing as a pair of jeans (or any pants, for that matter) that are the right length for me. I'm just a tad too tall for ankle length pants, but anything that comes in a regular length inevitably drags on the ground. Hemming pants is always easy for me to do, but jeans is another story. . . how to keep the gold-stitched hem?

Unsure that I am skilled enough to detach and reattach the hem, and not wanting to pay for a tailor, I did a Google search. I found this blog entry that gives a method for shortening jeans while keeping the hem intact. I decided not to take out the sewing machine for this and did all the stitching by hand; it still took me less than an hour. You'd have to really be looking to even tell the difference on my jeans. To all of my vertically challenged friends, I would recommend checking it out!

3 comments:

mamaevel said...

while this is a problem i've never had, i know many who do. i will send them to that blog.

word!

and happy springtime, jenn!

Niki said...

i can't wait to try this!

Anonymous said...

From one short person to another
THANK YOU!
Sherronna