They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Thing: Week 6

On my list of Christmas break "to do"s was to pull out the sewing machine. The sad, lonely, neglected sewing machine that has been sitting in the bottom of my closet for some time now. I'm not sure how that happened.

I decided to start with something super basic, as it has been so long since I've sewed that I (very sadly) had to consult the sewing machine manual to remind me how to properly thread it. I hemmed two pairs of pants and put together this simple table runner, which was supposed to be an early December project but ended up happening the day after Christmas (oops). I figured I couldn't go wrong with straight lines and a non-committal holiday project to ease me back in. I was never a great sewer, but at least I know now that I can still stitch together a few pieces of fabric!

1 comment:

schu said...

that looks great!
(and now you'll be ready for advent next year. fantastic. i should totally make a table runner.)