They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Things: Weeks 12-14

In my mind, the last few weeks are blurred together in a fog of long work hours and busy weekends, so my new things for the last three weeks are going to have to appear in one post this time around.

First new thing: hitting the 3-mile mark on the treadmill! It's been a long while since I've run three miles, and I wasn't even planning to try for that when I started running one Saturday morning, but I was feeling good, I kept pushing through, and then I realized I'd done it, almost by accident. Perhaps it is time to consider another 5K, though it's been almost three years since my last one!

The second new thing was getting started on the website for my business. This might not sound like a big deal, but I often get paralyzed when it comes to all things technical, so I put this off for a long time because I didn't want to deal with figuring out how to go about choosing a host, finding the right template, etc. It's still a work in progress, but the most important thing was getting started, so that is one huge hurdle jumped.

The last new thing. . . and definitely the biggest. . . is that Dan and I have begun our search for a home in earnest. We toyed with the idea last summer, but we weren't sure that we were ready financially, and there wasn't a whole lot on the market in our price range to really peak our interest. We've seen a few things emerging on the market so far this year that have really gotten us thinking it's time to make a move, so we've engaged a Realtor and are officially starting our hunt. We've popped into several open houses and had our first scheduled showing over the weekend. We anticipate it will take some time to find the right place, as things don't come on the market in our area all that often, but luckily we are in a position to be patient. I am just thrilled to my fingertips at the thought of being a homeowner. I'll keep you posted as things move forward, but in the meantime, just imagine me daydreaming about paint colors, a real kitchen, storage space for home-canned veggies and home-brewed beer, a garden, and a compost pile.

1 comment:

Sally JPA said...

House-hunting! That's so exciting! Can I live vicariously through you? Please send me links as you look . . . if you want. :)

Email me if you have any website questions, and MAYBE I will know something to help, or maybe (my) Dan will.

I wrote a long blog post about part of it on Aprovechar, but I am having a tough time for the last week. About to pick my mother up from the airport for a visit, so maybe that will help perk me up.