They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Highlight of the Week

Last night, a few co-workers and I finally got around to doing something we've talked about doing for a while: attending a local drag show. We actually ended up stumbling upon the revue show for the Miss Gay St. Louis America pageant; the competition is taking place tonight. Pictured below is one of the featured contestants (and revue participants), Madison Elise, Miss Gay St. Louis 2007.

The show was, by far, the highlight of my week, if not the highlight of my year thus far. Outrageous outfits, colorful wigs, flashy jewelry, lip-syncing (to everything from Barbara Streisand to The Cranberries), and dancing that included everything from kicking to ass-shaking to a flip landing in a full split. I had the most fabulous time. After a rough couple of weeks, turns out that a bunch of queens and a room full of gay men was just what I needed.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Sooooo jealous! This sounds fabulous! I'm so glad you got a chance to unwind with the queens...nothing beats the blues like delightful gay men! :)