They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Girls' Night In

Tonight, Dan is participating in a semi-regular event with his coworkers: the viewing of an obscure and ridiculous movie, usually from the 70s, that features wretched acting, a horrible script, and the cheesiest special effects and costumes available at the time. Tonight's movie is "Zardoz." You can tell just from looking at the movie poster that this one will be a goodie (that's Sean Connery in the center, by the way).The movie is being shown at one of my favorite St. Louis spots, a local brewpub called Schlafly Bottleworks. I really like all of Dan's coworkers--they are smart, have a fun sense of humor, and always go out of their way to include me. While I might have eventually grown weary of the ironic humor of the evening, with good beer and good company, I likely would have had a great time.

I considered going. But I also thought about the alternative: an evening at home, all to myself. I love being married, and Dan is, quite honestly, the most perfect and caring husband (he's so loving and patient that he makes me feel like a total bitch sometimes). I love spending time with him, and I couldn't ask for a better best friend. But I have also love time alone, without another person within hearing or sight, and the thought of the apartment all to myself is such a compelling and wonderful thought.

So, tonight it's just me and the girls (my cats Elsie and Nessa), a Totino's Crisp Crust Cheese Party Pizza (for reasons I cannot explain, I love and crave them), and the results show of "American Idol" followed by back-to-back viewings of "Sex and the City." I honestly can't wait.

3 comments:

ashley said...

That sounds perfect! I started to watch S&TC the other night when I was home alone but didn't get around to it.

Nothing wrong with a little solitude. Although, how you gave up Zardoz, I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

"he's so loving and patient that he makes me feel like a total bitch sometimes"--Boy, can I relate to this statement!

Niki said...

Seriously, Jenn, I don't know how you could turn down Zardoz for SATC : ) I'm sure the fashion in that film is pretty stellar. Sounds like a great night to me!