They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not So Fast

  • Just last week, my dad asked about my myriad of health issues. I mentioned to him that my migraines were getting much better, occurring less frequently and less intensely. On Saturday, I was having trouble seeing. I instantly knew a migraine was coming. What I did not know was how bad it would be. I threw up not once, not twice, but six times over the course of a few hours. It was awful, awful, awful. So much to the end of horrid migraines.
  • On July 4th, I decided to add some new leg exercises to my workout. Thinking that my legs were probably already in decent shape from running, I dove right in and did several sets. Big mistake. The next day, I couldn't walk down stairs without taking them sideways (please take a moment to picture this and then feel free to laugh), and just walking in general was a bit of a challenge. Dan and I even had to postpone our paddle boat plans a day for fear that my legs would be in too much pain to be any help with paddling. Sad, sad, sad.
  • Work has been going well lately. I've fired a couple of troublesome staff, have brought on some great new hires, recently got a raise, and was finally getting caught up. On Friday, my boss called me into her office and said she needs me to take one of our residential homes for a while (holding homes has not been a part of my job since last October). Though it will come with some bonus pay, just the thought of the extra work is already stressing me out. Just when I was getting caught up, too. . . .
  • Each week, Dan and I watch "So You Think You Can Dance." (Aside: I love, love, love this show, and if you have considered watching it but haven't tuned in yet, you should give it a try.) I have been waiting for the last two or three weeks for Comfort to be off the show. It's not that I have anything against her in particular; I just don't think she's as good as the other remaining contestants, though I'll admit that I'm not exactly an expert on hip-hop. Anyway, she was finally removed from the show last week, and I felt relieved. I then checked the headlines this afternoon and discovered that, despite all odds, she is coming back. What?

3 comments:

ashley said...

Omigosh, your migraine sounds awful. I hope that they at least stay less frequent!

As to the leg exercises...ha ha. Thanks for sharing that image of you going down the stairs sideways.

Andria said...

Have you seen a doctor about the migraines? I highly reccommend trying to get some medication!! I use Maxalt and it has worked wonderfully for years!

Hope you got your paddle boats in eventually and while it might have hurt at first, I bet it was good for you to use them and stretch them out like that.

I LOVE SYTYCDance, too! I still haven't watched this week's episode fully, but did see Jessica's revelation about her broken ribs and bringing Comfort back (which already cursed Twitch, her new partner!) I LOVE Jessica and am very sad she's gone, but glad she'll be touring. I thought the judges were way too harsh on both her and Comfort constantly. Nigel wished 2 girls to be gone and almost got his wish. . .

jenn said...

Andi, that is great that you have medication that works for you. . . I'm jealous! Unfortunately, I cannot take prescription migraine medications. I get what are classified as complicated migraines, which have caused numbness in my lips, face, and arm. My neurologist says it isn't safe for people with complicated migraines to take meds because it can increase the risk for stroke. I can take over-the-counter meds, but other than that, I'm on my own!