They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Highlights

  • The fact that the weekend was three days instead of two!
  • Finishing another novel on Friday night, and starting yet another on Sunday. . . I am on a roll, people! It is so fun to be reading so much again.
  • Finally getting around to hemming two new pairs of pants, including some fabulous red ones that I can't wait to wear next week.
  • Having dinner with Dan at Schlafly Bottleworks, one of my favorite St. Louis eateries. I had their delicious mac-and-cheese with their field greens salad--I crave their vanilla vinaigrette dressing with goat cheese every time!
  • Getting in a fabulous workout on Friday morning, and feeling good that I am getting committed enough to my exercise to head over to the gym on a holiday.
  • Enjoying again and again a huge fruit salad that Dan made with watermelon, strawberries, red grapes, and cantaloupe. Sooo delicious, and so perfect for a summer day.
  • Spending two hours walking by myself at the Botanical Gardens, where I had the pleasure of seeing, among other things, an endless sea of colorful day lilies and the most gorgeous lotus flowers I have ever seen on the water at the Japanese Gardens.
  • The paddle boats at Forest Park! The weather finally cooperated. Dan and I took a trip around the water in the park, then had brunch by the lake afterward. It couldn't have felt more like summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you I'm envious of the paddle-boating! I haven't done it since I was a kid, but I'd love to do it again. Fun and peaceful and funny all in one. :D