They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Baby

Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because that is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. . . . That is just being "in love," which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. . . . We have roots that grow toward each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from our leaves, we will find that we are one tree and not two.
--from Corelli's Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres
(Reading at our wedding, October 14, 2006)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! And I LOOOVE that photo (and the quotation, too, actually)!

ashley said...

Happy anniversary! This made me a bit misty, actually. :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy (late) anniversary! This is such a beautiful picture - you guys had such a lovely wedding. Next to mine (and no I'm not biased at all) it has been my favorite wedding I've ever been too!!! xoxo

tempe & chris said...

Happy anniversary! That picture is so amazing - you are so beautiful!! :)

jenn said...

Thanks, everyone! It was a happy anniversary indeed. :)

Andria said...

Super late, but still wanted to say Happy Anniversary and I LOOOOVE that picture (you look sooo amazing! And it's so super sweet) and that quote is awesome. I got chills. Thanks for sharing.