We've had a bit of ice and snow the past couple of days, and after many light flickers, our power finally went out last night. Dan and I lit candles and did the best we could to continue packing, but because we were in the middle of so much activity at the time of the outage, I felt rather jarred when everything suddenly went dark.
About 20 minutes after the lights went out, I was talking with Dan about that brief shock you experience when an outage first occurs, saying, "It's always so strange when the power suddenly goes out. Your first impulse is to just turn the lights back on."
Seriously, in the instant the words left my mouth, the power returned and the lights came on. Perhaps I am like Harry, able to make magical things happen without intention? Could this be just the beginning?
I am secretly hoping for an owl post any day now.
1 comment:
Can I give you a list of things to wish into place for me?
Post a Comment