They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Friday, December 5, 2008

Dreams

Sadly, for the most part, I do not remember my dreams. Even when I try to recall them upon waking, I usually only seem to remember the scary ones. In the last week, though, I've had several completely non-scary dreams that have remained vivid in my memory upon waking. Here is a quick summary, should they reveal anything telling about me. . .
  • Dan and I are packing up the last of our stuff when we discover several extra rooms in our apartment. All of the sudden we realize that we have extra closets, another bedroom, and a full kitchen (regarding the latter, I respond, "We totally could have used both ovens when we were hosting everyone for Thanksgiving last year!").
  • My friends Lena and Brandon are visiting. Just as they are getting ready to head back home, Lena realizes she cannot find her favorite shirt. We look all over the house, take a drive into the woods, and then I reach into the glovebox of the car and pull out a photo. It shows a picture of Lena's shirt right next to Snowbeary, my old teddy bear who now resides on my dresser. A true Nancy Drew, I stunningly discern that the shirt must be in my bedroom. We drive back, Lena and her shirt are reunited, and she and Brandon happily venture back home.
  • And my personal favorite? It's my 30th birthday (which won't actually happen until April). There is a huge party, and friends and relatives from all over the country are attending. And then, as though it couldn't get any better, my mom surprises me with the best birthday gift of all: she has hired Lionel Richie for the evening's entertainment. Thanks to my fabulous mom, we are "Dancing on the Ceiling" "All Night Long."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lionel Richie! Yeah, baby.

(I'd totally trek up to Philly for a big bash for your birthday, by the way, even without Richie to entertain.)

mamaevel said...

that lionel ritchie dream is the funniest thing i've heard all day.

awesome.

Awesome.

i hopw lionle ritchie serenades you as you guys move in to your new life

jenn said...

Awh, thanks, Sally! There are so many people interested in coming to visit in Philly that I've definitely considered it. I fully intend to bring in 30 with a bang (I'm actually quite excited about it).

Eve, making you laugh is quite high up on my list of favorite things to do. . . glad I could oblige.

Anonymous said...

Crap. I hired Lyle Rigby for your 30th. I guess I misread at first?