I have no good excuse. My TV has kidnapped me and rendered me incapable of getting anything else done, including regular blog posts. It started with a little harmless viewing of "Dancing with the Stars" a few weeks ago--just to see what the hype was and what my mom is always talking about (I've never watched before). During commercials, I stumbled across the last few episodes of "The Biggest Loser" (also something I've never seen before). I then got curious about the last few weeks of "American Idol" and have been sucked in (I decided I wasn't going to watch this year, but they've done a nice job of hooking me in at the end).
If all of this weren't bad enough, back in my days of unemployment, on a particularly low Monday evening, I made a bowl of ramen noodles and settled in front of the TV. I ended up watching one of the last episodes of "The Bachelor," and considering that there were only two episodes left, I followed it through to the ridiculous end. On Monday, while tuning in to the finale of "Dancing," I was sucked into watching two hours of "The Bachelorette" (I really like Jillian and couldn't help myself).
Furthermore, in addition to my senseless viewing of crappy reality shows, I have contined my usual viewing of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice."
Happily, after tonight, all of these shows will be over, with the exception of "The Bachelorette," which I must plan to avoid. I will then resume regular blog posts and e-mail and exercise and talking to people and reading books. The one exception to this will be watching one of my most favorite shows ever--"So You Think You Can Dance," which premieres tomorrow night. This will take me back down to a few hours of TV a week, instead of. . . well. . . more than I would like to admit.
I promise to make a greater effort in future to step away from the television and be a better communicator.
In the meantime, I'm off to watch the "Idol" finale.
No comments:
Post a Comment