They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Vegetables Are Here!

I picked up our first CSA share today. I'm so excited that I felt the need to take a picture and share the vegetables with you: kale, lettuce, a cucumber, arugula, beets (with the greens), green onions, garden peas, chives, and fresh mint. I am a girl who loves her greens, so I am super excited. We are already looking forward to getting creative with what we receive each time.

In additional exciting news, the Farmers' Market two blocks from our house opens on Friday, where I'm sure we can get our hands on some more strawberries along with some other local goodies (more rhubarb! more asparagus! more cheese!). This. is. awesomeness.

3 comments:

mamaevel said...

oh man, does that look good! i've going fruit crazy lately. it's a sure sign that summer is here when everyone can eat fresh again.

penelope said...

Wow. Yes, indeedy, that is some awesomeness right there! Yum!

Niki said...

I need to get in on a CSA stat. That is awesome!