They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Friday, October 30, 2009

Dizzy (Repeat)

After two weeks of a relatively vertigo-free existence, the spinning in my head came back without warning on Tuesday and has stuck with me ever since. This means no more driving indefinitely, lots of doctors' visits, and lots of lying on the couch are in my future until they figure out what's going on (thus far, there are no clear signs yet pointing to a cause). Sigh.

Dan and I are headed out of town this weekend to celebrate Halloween with friends and their kids. I've been so excited, and I'm still planning to go, but trick-or-treating with the group is probably out of the question at this point. It's such a bummer, too. I have an awesome costume this year.

Nonetheless, I have managed to squeeze in some fun here and there the past several weeks, including a trip to the apple orchards, a visit with Dad and Janet, and some amazingly good pizza, compliments of my good (and very thoughtful!) friend Sally.

Oh, and I finally got my passport! Woohoo! Italy, here we come!


Fresh off the tree!

Lovely landscape


And this is the part where I start to get tired and grumpy. . .

Apple cider donuts and apple cider--mmmm!

Yum, yum, yum

PIZZA! (with some of the best crust I've ever had)

Dad and Janet have their moment with history

Smile with the in-laws!

2 comments:

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

I'm glad you have had some good moments in the last couple of weeks. I am also TERRIBLY sorry you're still experiencing the vertigo. Is the virus cause still an option, or does this mean it's something else?

And yay for good pizza! :D

jenn said...

Thanks, Sally. At this point, I think we have moved beyond it being a virus, so now it could be any number of things. Sigh.