They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today is a Good Day

For the first time in a while, I'm feeling almost like myself again (though my dizziness/vertigo tends to come in cycles, so I'm not out of the woods yet). I even feel well enough to handle the laundry, which includes walking up and down 28 steps. In celebration of this, I am determined to only share happy things.

1) Dan and I have rented a townhouse in downtown Media, our new favorite place on Earth! The house is great. It has two stories, a washer and dryer (no more stairs!), a patio, and off-street parking. It's a ten minute walk to the train station and only a couple of blocks from State Street, which means that Dan and I will be able to walk to dozens of restaurants and shops, will be able to take the trolley up and down the main strip, and can even walk to Trader Joe's!

2) Having a townhouse means no more sharing walls with others. A new place also means goodbye to the neighbors across the hall who have plagued my existence since January 2. We move in early December, at which time I will silently give them a forever farewell.

3) After we move, my 50-minute commute to work will drop to 15 minutes (once I am able to drive again).

4) I found out yesterday from my doctor that my MRI came back fine and I do not, in fact, have a mass in my brain. He also told me that my brain is a little bigger than average, which of course came as no surprise to me. :)

5) I managed to make it through trick-or-treating on Halloween with my friends and their kids and didn't even have to hold on to Dan the whole time. And my Frida Kahlo costume rocked this year (I've been Frida before, but was determined to do a repeat, and I have to say that I quite outdid my last effort).

6) Thanksgiving is just over two weeks away. I haven't been to Georgia since last Christmas and can't wait to see everyone! My sister and I even have a "New Moon" viewing planned, which is super exciting. Hooray for Seester time!

7) I've been making my way through a reread of the Harry Potter series and am whizzing through The Half-Blood Prince, on my way to the finish line.

8) I went to Toys R Us last weekend to buy a birthday gift for the daughter of our friends, who just turned four. Buying presents is one of my very favorite things, and buying toys (and books) is even more fun!

9) I am off to watch tonight's episode of "So You Think You Can Dance." True happiness.

10) Did I mention that I'm feeling better? Even though I'm almost positive it's only temporary, it's nice to be myself again for at least a little while.

2 comments:

Seester said...

Seester all I can think about is seester and movies and eating lots of food and parades and football games. And seester. Which is bad because I have 5 exams to get through before I can have any of that. Poo-poo on school, but yay for seesters! I can't wait to see you!

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

The new place sounds awesome!