To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life. But to feel the affection that comes from those whom we do not know, from those unknown to us, who are watching over our sleep and solitude, over our dangers and our weaknesses--that is something still greater and more beautiful because it widens out the boundaries of our being, and unites all living things.
~Pablo Neruda, from "Children and Poetry"
They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Just Because I Think It's Beautiful
Last weekend, Dan and I went on one of our favorite dates: a visit to the bookstore. While sipping my pumpkin spice latte (mmm) and flipping through magazines, I came across this quote in O magazine that I thought was so lovely, I wanted to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment