They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Thursday, February 11, 2010

And MORE Snow. . .

I know that, to many people (i.e., those who live in Minnesota or upstate New York), this snow is no big deal. I know the media has beat this storm to death. But this is definitely more snow than I have ever seen. It is by far the most snow that Philadelphia has ever seen (our normal winter snowfall is about 19 inches; we are now over 7o, with more on the way). And I have never seen my car like I saw it this morning.

Right outside our door

Right outside the entrance to our patio

The trees were even more beautiful last night. Of course, they were also leaning over from the weight of the snow in a very scary fashion, but I was trying to ignore that part.

A mound of snow behind our building (once the plow comes through, there will be more)

Little snowman

The mess that is our street

And, this, my friends, is how we found the car this morning

1 comment:

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

Wow! That is A LOT of snow. Did you two get off from work because of it?