I am definitely succumbing to I-don't-want-to-miss-anything syndrome by staying up way past my bedtime every night to watch the Olympics. I know I should just go to bed. I know that, if I miss anything, I can watch it again somewhere else later. "But the Olympics only happen every two years," I tell myself. "But tonight is THE (insert media-hyped event here) and you don't want to miss it," I think. The last two nights, I've found myself, despite all efforts, nodding off on the couch and heading to bed at 11. But every night, I start out determined, and I'm determined to make it through to the end of men's figure skating. I can already feel my body protesting, but I'll do my best (after all, Saturday is almost here and then I can sleep in!).
On a related note, the Opening Ceremonies made me wish, even more, that I were Canadian.
Tea is my new favorite thing. I've never been much of a tea drinker, but I picked it up after I gave up caffeine, and I am hooked. I drink it black, and it is my new favorite (calorie-free) treat to myself. . . in the mornings, when I need an afternoon pick-me-up at work, when I am settling down before bedtime. There are a staggering number of delicious varieties, and I've been partaking of them all, from herbal to Earl Grey. . . how have I missed out on this for so long?
Tomorrow I am back to volunteering. . . woohoo! I haven't had any major dizziness since November (and I started regular driving again this month), so tomorrow I'm starting up my work again with Art-Reach, volunteering as a Host Ambassador (essentially a greeter/liaison) at a production of "Bye Bye Birdie." It feels great to get back in the swing of things.
I have barely seen Dan this month. He is holed up, having his own NaNoWriMo (which we have termed DaNoWriMo), an event he had to pass up in November because we were too busy with the move. 50,000 words in 28 days, and he is right on target more than halfway through the month. . . go, Dan!
Vacation time has been approved and tickets have been purchased for our two-week trip to California in April. . . yay! More details later, but it is going to be one incredible trip, and I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment