They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Good Laugh

This article from The Onion is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Seashells Transform Suburban Bathroom Into Tropical Hideaway

Formerly the Watson's bathroom, now an enchanted portal to the gleaming white sand beaches of Bora-Bora.

WOODMERE, OH—-A wicker basket filled with seashells and placed on top of a toilet tank has magically transformed Dale and Paula Watson's suburban bathroom into a serene tropical oasis, sources reported Thursday.

"I can't believe the difference adding those seashells made," said Paula Watson, who had somehow been transported from a beige, run-of-the-mill bathroom to an unforgettable island paradise thousands of miles from the Greater Cleveland area. "Every time I walk in here now it's like, 'Wow, where am I? CancĂșn?'"

Read the rest here.

I could have done without the last line of the article (pretty high up on the ick scale, and it would have been funny without it), but still, hilarious!

1 comment:

pen said...

Ha! I saw that article the other day and was practically in tears! Agree about the end, but the rest was genius.