They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Good Thing: Keys for Kindness

My building was recently sold, and one of the first things the new landlord did was change the locks. While this is certainly not a bad idea, it did create a small problem for me in the form of old useless keys. I just hate putting things like that in the trash, especially when there is a chance that they might be recyclable.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, however, I believe I have found a good home for them: Keys for Kindness. They collect old keys, recycle the metal, and donate the proceeds to the Multiple Sclerosis Society. What a great way to make good use of all the old keys everyone has sitting around! Mine are going in the mail straight away.

No comments: