During my visit to Asheville, my sister had the wonderful idea to go to Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company and catch a viewing of "Enchanted." To begin, the idea of a movie theater + $2 tickets + unique pizza = a very wonderful idea to Jenn. (We ended up ordering a sesame seed pizza crust with spinach, artichoke hearts, and roma tomatoes. . . SO delicious!)"Enchanted" is one of those movies that I remember seeing previewed, thought that it might be cute/funny but was immediately turned off by the talking chipmunk, and kind of forgot about. When my sister mentioned it, though, it sounded like the perfect thing to do, especially since she and I watched Disney movies obsessively when we were younger.
I will admit that I totally loved this movie. I loved it so much that I might even have to buy it the day that it is released on DVD. You must understand that a) I love romantic comedies, b) I have a pretty high cheese factor (though I do have my limits), c) this is not a work of cinematic genius, d) there are some moments of six-year-old humor (hence the talking chipmunk), and e) there are some pretty ridiculous plot twists. But it made me laugh, it was fun and sweet, and it was quite good at making fun of itself (and the entire genre of Disney animated films). And if all else fails, there is always Patrick Dempsey to enjoy. You can view the trailer here.
1 comment:
Patrick Dempsey definitely made it all worthwhile. I kind of loved the prince character, too...a reversal on the damsel in distress.
And the musical number is just hysterical and fabulous. Glad you enjoyed a laugh.
Post a Comment