They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday!

Okay, so my birthday was actually about two weeks ago, but I was in San Francisco on my actual birthday (I can hardly think of a better birthday than that!) and was on call the following weekend. As such, my birthday celebrations with Dan were on hold until Saturday. I planned a series of fun/relaxing activities, promising myself that I would not a) think about my job or b) take care of things around the house.

Original Birthday Plan
  • Eat somewhere fun and tasty for lunch
  • Ride the paddle boats around the lake at Forest Park (while realizing that paddle boats are a little dorky but can't help wanting to get on one)
  • Actually take the time to finish reading a novel in the afternoon
  • Go out for delicious cheesecake and coffee in evening
Actualized Birthday Plan
  • Go out for Nepalese/Indian food at Everest Cafe (if you have time and/or are bored at work, check out the website and read the unique story about the owner; just click on "the chef"). The food did not disappoint!
  • Due to weather, paddle boats are no longer the plan, so instead we see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (which I generally find to be funny and actually kind of cute).
  • Before leaving the theater, Dan and I take pictures in the photo booth. We haven't done this in years. I forgot how fun it is!
  • After arriving home, I slip and pick up some things around the house/sort through mail. BAD birthday girl.
  • Begin reading novel (the one I have been picking up and putting down for weeks now). Fall asleep on my fourth page, resulting in a delicious afternoon nap.
  • Watch "27 Dresses," which is not as good as I hoped (by romantic comedy standards) but still enjoyable.
  • Go out for cheesecake and coffee. Cheesecake = delicious. Coffee = not so good. Am disappointed by the latter but focus on the positive, including the fact that I have leftover cheesecake to take home, thus extending birthday celebrations another day. Yay!

1 comment:

Andria said...

Happy Day! (very belated) but it sounds magical. And I hope you get to do the paddle boats soon!