They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Friday, May 30, 2008

I Miss My House

Granted, I am getting paid lots of bonus right now, but even that is not enough to compensate for how exhausted I am becoming from work. I am really starting to miss my cozy little house complete with a darling husband and two adorable kitties. Below is a sample of my life right now (in case I start to seem really crabby and/or delirious in the near future, you'll understand why):

Wednesday: Work in the field from 9am-9pm, plus paperwork when I get home

Thursday: Work 9am-5pm, go to dinner with Dan, watch "So You Think You Can Dance" (yay!), then leave at 9:30 to work an asleep overnight shift from 10pm-6am

Friday: Arrive home at 6:30am, go back to bed for an hour, take care of some things at home (including catching up on blogging), work with customers from 11am-10pm and then work an asleep overnight from 11pm-7am

Saturday: I'll need to spend most of the day completing paperwork from home (all of the paperwork I haven't been able to do all week because I've been out with customers). After that, I plan to get into bed and possibly not get out again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... that's insane. Unsustainable. And unfair to you. Just because you're committed to your job doesn't mean your workplace should entirely take advantage of you, which it sure sounds like they're doing.

I hope you get lots of rest soon, Jenn!

ashley said...

Does this have anything to do with the extra shifts you signed up for? I hope you get a break soon - a light at the end of the tunnel at the very least! Thinking of you!