- Attending Chinese Culture Days at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, which included:
- A parade, featuring the always-exciting dragon

- Lying on the grass and taking a nap in the sunshine between events
- Being entertained by kung fu, lion dancing, and acrobats (including seeing the unbelievable act pictured below)

- Attending the event solo, which was a quiet and welcomed change of pace after a hectic 60+ hours of work this week. I took my time, went to and from events as I pleased, spoke to no one, and left as soon as I was ready (and not a moment sooner or later).
- Strolling along the Loop with Dan (The Loop is a street about a block from our house with shops, restaurants, galleries, etc.). While out and about, we stopped in at Plowsharing Crafts for the purchase of some fair-trade coffee; perfect for World Fair Trade Day!
- Wearing my latest clothing purchase (pictured below), which I totally love

- Finally taking the time to sit down and finish The Golden Compass. I am now eagerly awaiting Book 2 (The Subtle Knife), which I have just requested from the library.
- Spending four hours with Dan drinking wine, listening to music, and making excellent progress on our newest puzzle
- Taking two of our customers to Bingo Night at our office on Friday evening. My job can really stress me out and make me crazy--no question about that. But you can't be unhappy playing bingo in a roomful of adults with disabilities. You just can't. It was heart-warming and hilarious, and a good reminder of why my work is worth doing.
2 comments:
Oooh, the festival solo sounds fabulous! I'm really getting into the idea of planning things alone. There's something to be said for spending time with yourself.
Love the new shirt! Very fun!
And the evening drinking wine, listening to music and working a puzzle sounds delightful. Count me in!
that shirt is SO you! good for you for doing such fun and fabulous things, both solo and with others. (sorry, I'm so behind catching up!!)
Post a Comment