They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Monday, July 28, 2008

"It's Alright Cause I'm Saved by the. . ."

This morning at the gym, as I stepped onto the treadmill, I was secretly pleased to see that "Saved by the Bell" was showing on the television directly in front of me. About ten seconds into a corny remark by Mr. Belding, another woman asked if I was watching and if she could change the channel. Too embarrassed to indicate that I was actually enjoying an early 90s show catering to 12-year-olds, I told her to go ahead. Already a bit disappointed to see "Saved by the Bell" disappear, I was dismayed when she pushed a couple of buttons on the remote and Pat Robertson's face appeared on MSNBC.

Next time, I'll risk the embarrassment.

4 comments:

ashley said...

Yeah for Saved by the Bell! We watched the Buddy Band episode at the office the other day! :)

tempe & chris said...

I'd take watching Screech over Pat Robertson any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

Niki said...

My colleague and I watched SBtB in the mornings in our hotel when we were at training a couple of weeks ago. It's totally better than Pat Robertson, but I wish Screech would stop trying to make sex tapes and the like.

Anonymous said...

We'll see how Square Pegs measures up