On Thursday evening, my sister arrived for a visit. For those of you who aren't aware, my sister and I often call each other "Seester." It all started a few years ago when I was speaking in some sort of ridiculous Spanish-like accent, and "sister" came out more like "seeester," and for some bizarre reason it stuck. In fact, we tend to call each other "Seester" more than we call each other by our names. It's completely silly, but that's the kind of thing you get if you spend enough time with me.
So. . . Seester, as I will continue to refer to her, flew in Thursday night; Thursday also happened to be her birthday. I am so excited that she is here because it's been a long time since we've had any real time together without the rest of our family present. And we've already done a host of fun things together.
Thursday night: Met Seester at the airport with Happy Birthday balloons, then went to hear my beloved Erin Bode play (though the venue sucked). Afterwards, we had Dairy Queen ice cream cake at home and watched an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" taped from Wednesday night.
Friday: While Dan was at work, Seester and I went to the Botanical Gardens and then had veggie wraps and salads at Jilly's, a local cupcake bar. We of course also took home a couple of gourmet cupcakes for later. :) Friday night, we all headed to the Muny for the 90-year anniversary review, which actually turned out to be great fun. Oh, and we had delicious Jimmy John's subs (mmm).
Saturday: We had planned to pick our own peaches and blackberries, but when I called the orchard, they said they would not be ready for picking until next week (sadness). So we headed to the Soulard Market for some peaches and other local produce (as well as some locally-made goat cheese). In the afternoon, we saw "WALL-E," which I highly recommmend. It's very cute and clever, and is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. In the evening we had dinner at one of my favorite local eateries, House of India, which was Missy's first time eating Indian food!
Today's plan is church and a quiet day at home. We'll probably play board games and read books. We also have some delicous meals lined up, including made-from-scratch muffins for breakfast, roasted vegetables with pasta for lunch, homemade veggie burgers with sweet potato fries for dinner, and peach crisp for dessert! Before Seester leaves on Tuesday morning, we'll head to the Muny again tomorrow night to see "Miss Saigon," bringing a picnic of nuts, cheese, crackers, fruit, and brownies with us.
It is such wonderful fun to see my seester, and one of the great things about having someone visit is that it feels like a vacation in your own home and your own city. Seester visits are the best! :)
2 comments:
I love your relationship with Seester. :)
Hooray for Seester! (And every time I read "Seester", I hear you say it!) It sounds like a wonderful magical time was had by all!
Post a Comment