They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wow!

So, my sister calls me last night, in the middle of the season premiere of "Private Practice," and says casually, "Seester, I have something to tell you." I ask her if she would mind if I called her back during the next commercial (what can I say? I love my shows, few as they are). When I call her back, she says, "Seester, I'm getting married!" After congratulations and excitement and questioning of details, I immediately feel sheepish and apologize for putting wedding news on hold for a TV show.

Plans are yet to be determined, but it looks like possibly a December wedding. My little sister is getting married, y'all. I can hardly believe it.
Congratulations, Seester!

6 comments:

mamaevel said...

yay!!! congrats to melissa!!

tempe & chris said...

Congrats to Melissa! Exciting news :)

Andria said...

So exciting! Too funny that she actually let you off the phone without exploding! V. impressive on her part.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Seester! Big news! A December wedding--that's fast!

Elizabeth said...

Yay Missy! How very exciting! Please send her my congratulations!

Jennifer Walter said...

Yea! I saw your sister at Mtn. Day. She's so sweet! Please send her my congrats!