They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Friday, April 3, 2009

One Small Step Forward for Vegkind

As a vegetarian, going out to eat can be a real challenge sometimes. Luckily, there are lots of veg-friendly places here in Philly, but I've had more than my fair share of restaurant experiences when I've been stuck ordering a side salad and a baked potato (it's tasty and all, but I can make that at home for a lot less, thank you very much). And let's not even talk about the number of veggie and/or portobello mushroom sandwiches I have ordered in my two short years as a vegetarian.

To my great surprise, I read today that 7-Eleven is introducing vegan black burritos, lentil and spinach burritos, and a falafel platter in all of its New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania locations.

Let this be a lesson to all other places serving food. If 7-Eleven can become veg-friendly, you have no excuse.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I go so excited until I got to the part about "New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania." Boo. Eating out veg in my small town is a daily nightmare, because I can't even get falafel. I'm so desperate that I would even buy 7/11 falafel. That is saying a lot. Props to 7/11. This is very exciting! (and I may print out your post and "accidentally" leave it in restaurants around my town)