Summer does not officially begin for several weeks, but for me, one of the best parts of summer is already here. As most of you know, I am not a big fan of summer. But there are definitely some things about the season that I quite enjoy. . . flip flops, festivals, summer skirts and dresses, outdoor concerts, and the general spirit of taking things just a little bit easier. And, perhaps most of all, "So You Think You Can Dance."
The premiere was last Thursday. To usher in its arrival, Dan and I watched it at the home of some friends and fellow "Dance" fans. This is the one of the very few reality/competition shows I've seen that is really just about talent, minus most of the commercialism and backstage drama. Some of the dancing is unbelievable, the choreography is amazing, and I've seen more than one performance that has brought me to tears. I've even learned quite a bit about different dance styles while watching it, and I love what tremendous things this show has done to educate the public about the world of dance.
I could do without Mary's screams and Nigel's pervy comments, but it's all worth it to see a performance like this.
1 comment:
I love me some SYTYCD, too. Except for writing the title out. It's a little wordy, don't you think?
But, I missed the picking of the top 20 and haven't watched this week's yet (we had some TiVo issues and other happenings this week)
I'd love to dish on it, though and know who you are rooting for once I get caught up!
Post a Comment