They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Agenda

  • Devour some Indian food (I haven't had Indian food since I left St. Louis, and I can't wait!)
  • Take a trip to the Farmer's Market for some local produce and cheese*
  • Continue my rereading of The Great Gatsby (I decided it was worth revisiting since the last time I read it was in high school)
  • Call my mom
  • Take care of the obligatory house cleaning, bill paying, and laundry
  • Submit my volunteer application to Art-Reach, a local nonprofit that connects underserved populations with the arts in Philadelphia
  • Watch "The Reader"
  • Attend the church that Dan and I have talked about visiting for weeks, but haven't actually made it to yet
  • If we can find the time, visit Laurel Hill Cemetery, which is a short walk from our apartment and is a beautifully designed national historic landmark. I love walking through cemeteries and imagining the lives of the people who are buried there, and I'll have the perfect opportunity to do this at Laurel Hill, which offers a guide detailing the histories of some of its residents, including six Titanic passengers and forty Civil War-era generals.
*We were lucky enough to get some local greens, strawberries, and herbed goat cheese--perfect for putting together a Strawberry Salad with Herbed Goat Cheese, a seasonal favorite of ours and the most delicious spring salad of all time!

3 comments:

penelope said...

That sounds like a fantastic plan! And the salad sounds delish. :)

jenn said...

Yes, I had Indian food! It was everything I hoped for and more. In fact, I'm craving it again right now. . . .

mamaevel said...

the great gatsby is so, so, SO good...i hope you're enjoying it.