They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Thursday, May 6, 2010

California: Pacific Coast Highway

I'm back! My trip was amazing. . . Dan and I both agree the natural beauty of California is unsurpassed by anything else we've seen. It's so beautiful that it has inspired a new look for my blog--I took the header photo at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park. Here are a few other pics from the Pacific Coast Highway; I also posted a dozen or so on Facebook.





Traveling around California--we covered over 1000 miles--is like traveling to four different countries all at once. There's a Mediterranean feel on the coast; a European feel in San Francisco; a bit of Scotland in California's rolling hills; and then the Redwoods and Yosemite, which are like an entire country all their own. They're so different--and so equally beautiful--that I'll be posting the photos in series so you can get a feel for each one (with the added bonus of giving me some additional time to cull through them all!). And, of course, there will be photos of the family and friends we saw. And food. Lots of food.

2 comments:

Andria said...

yay, can't wait! beautiful teaser choices so far - I was amazed you'd only posted 4 photos for 2 weeks worth of travel! glad to hear there are more on the way. :)

ashley said...

Oh, yes, please give us the delicious side of your trip too! Can't wait to see all the photos!