They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Los Angeles

Here's a few photos from our trip to LA. The beach was lovely, though my favorite part of LA was definitely the food! There were so many vegetarian, vegan, and raw options. . . as far as I was concerned, I was in food heaven.

Stop #1 was Rahel's, where we had vegan Ethopian food. Deelish!

Smiling with our Ethiopian goodness

Dan's sister treated us to organic raw vegan food at Planet Raw. I was so excited!

More organic vegan food--this time at Real Food Daily. Check out my brunch spread of French toast, a tofu scramble, bacon and fruit! This was followed by a tasty vegan chocolate chip cookie.

Dan and his sister Anisa at RFD

Dan was feeling a bit under the weather during our trip. Anisa insisted that wheatgrass would help. Here we are with our daily shot. (Hey, if you're going LA, I say go all the way!)

My monstrous French toast at The Griddle Cafe. Anisa and I shared this and her Nutella French toast. It was so good, though I have to confess that I felt a bit sick afterward because it was so rich--that is a ginormous pat of butter on top!

Me and Sally after our trip out for vegan pizza and desserts!

Getting my toes in the sand at the beach in Santa Monica

Dan with the beach umbrella--it was way too windy for it to be useful, but it sure does make a nice accessory!

2 comments:

mendacious said...

as a native, all i can say is that i'm glad LA was good to you! i love that you explored all the vegan opts and tried the wheatgrass. that's a very 'LA' thing to do.

jenn said...

Thanks, mendacious! LA is a great place. I can definitely understand why people who live in CA never want to leave!