They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nothin to Be Done: Full Version

My sister has done a bit of at-home recording so she could share the song she wrote about Adam. You can listen to it here. Full lyrics are posted below.

Nothin to be Done

Verse 1:
When you closed your eyes that night did you know you wouldn't wake
How could you have known it was the greatest mistake
I know you had a broken heart that no one could mend
But the one that brought you comfort betrayed you in the end

Chorus:
And here I am without you
And I don't know what to say
Except yes, baby, you died too young
But there's nothin to be done, oh, nothin to be done

Verse 2:
My anger comes in waves but it's slowly giving way
To the grief around my heart
And if I could've brought you back, it would have been to blame
But now I'd give anything just to hold you in my arms

Verse 3:
The last time I saw your face it was painted and still
And I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye
I still can't say those words, but when I think of you now
I'll remember the face that holds your smile

2 comments:

Andria said...

beautiful. thanks for sharing. that was really special.

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here crying. That is really moving. I didn't know Melissa is so talented with music.