They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Friday, August 29, 2008

DNC Watch Party


One amazing, inspiring nominee +

the Democratic National Convention on the big screen +

a room full of hundreds of cheering, chanting people +

a speech filled with things I've waited years for someone to say +

the most racially integrated event I have ever experienced in
one of the most segregated of all U.S. cities =

more than one reason to feel hope, to believe in the power of change, and to be so glad that I didn't miss it.

3 comments:

Niki said...

I second all that. I'm in love with this man.

Anonymous said...

I'll be so elated if he wins. He has to win. If he doesn't win, I don't know what I'll do.

Niki said...

I just spoke to my younger sister about an hour ago. She is not in love with Obama and appears to be turning into a Republican. I'm at a loss. How can I make her understand??