They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Simple Joys of the Last Few Days

  • A trip to my favorite orchard over the weekend to pick our own peaches and blackberries (and, of course, the joy of eating them!)
  • Being the only girl in the weight room at the gym this morning. It makes me feel stronger to be in there with the big guys.
  • Receiving a bathing suit which I stumbled upon in a catalog while shopping with my sister. Wonder of all wonders--it fits. It was on clearance. It's exactly the style I've been looking for for years. I love it. It might even cure my allergy to bathing suits (but let's not get ahead of ourselves).
  • Watching my kitties follow me and Dan from room to room around the house
  • The pot of coffee that Dan makes for us each morning. I love the freshly ground beans, the aroma that fills our house. . . it's a little cup of happiness waiting for me each day.
  • A new plan--in lieu of our postponed trip to Europe--to travel out West this spring. I think I am finally going to see the Redwoods! And I will still be taking care of a trip on my life list. Yay!

2 comments:

Niki said...

cute suit! i bet you are GORGEOUS in it ; )

there is nothing more empowering than being the only chick in the weight room with the boys. i love it, too.

Andria said...

Fabulous suit! very 50's glam.