- Am I the only one who sometimes secretly roots for the Chinese athletes out of fear that, if they lose, they will commit suicide? Seriously, the Chinese men's gymnastics coach said he would jump off the tallest building in Beijing if they didn't win gold, and I believe him.
- There is, in my humble opinion, too much airing of track quarterfinals. Really, I can wait for the semifinals and finals. Isn't there something more obscure they can show, something for those of us without cable?
- I'm going to try really hard not to miss some table tennis. I haven't caught it yet, and I'll be so disappointed if I don't catch it somewhere.
- I kind of think medaling in equestrian events is a little unfair. Isn't the horse doing all the work? I hope the horses at least get a nice treat at the end. Maybe some cinnamon HoofSnax?
- Women's gymnastics judges = not my friends.
- Fencing is awesome. Any sport where you poke someone with a stick and make their head light up gets a vote in my book.
2 comments:
I've had similar concerns about the Chinese athletes - how much pressure they must be under to succeed. As far as events that aren't really shown much on tv you should look up the olympic trampoline on youtube! Bizarre but kind of amazing!
Yeah, I know I can watch other events online (they are also streamed on the NBC Olympics website), but after spending four or more hours in front of the TV each night, I can hardly bring myself to seek out more. Plus I always have an aversion to watching video on my computer (I don't know why). But I will definitely do it if I have to for table tennis! :)
Post a Comment