I am pretty obsessive about recycling. Several times per week, I walk around with trash in my purse because I'd rather take it home and recycle it than put it in the garbage can. After events at work, I walk around persuading my coworkers to give me all the recyclables rather than placing them in the dumpster out back. I cringe when I see someone put something in the trash that belongs in a recycling bin.There are the easy recyclables--paper, cardboard, plastic bottles--and then there are the more complicated ones. Luckily, a recent e-mail from the Humane Society has helped me figure out what I will do with old electronics. They have a partnership with MyBoneYard, which recycles cameras, cell phones, monitors, computers, game systems, music players, GPS systems, and camcorders. Shipping is free, and the value of any recycled items is donated to the HSUS, one of my most favorite charities. I love it!
1 comment:
NO WAY! Thank you, thank you. I have been looking for something like this, and had about given up. The closest electronics recycling site is supposedly 2 hours away, I've tried freecycle on some things with no luck... Sweet.
Post a Comment