They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seven Things

I've been tagged by Eve to share seven things you might not know about me. I would never, ever say no to Eve.

1) I do not know how to dive. I have never even really tried to do it. I just never quite got how it's all supposed to work and what I'm supposed to do with all of my body parts. I either take the pool steps or ungracefully jump in.

2) I am even more anal retentive than I seem. I sometimes think I border on obsessive compulsive. If someone turns a picture frame 30 degrees on my dresser, I will totally notice it and move it back. Most nights, I have to put all the pillows back on my couch just so and refold our living room blanket before I go to bed. Everything on my desk stays in neat little stacks. It drives me crazy when things are out of place. Someone could make a very fun game out of living with me. . . .

3) I am the person who actually buys the six packs of Valentine's Day and Easter and Halloween and Thanksgiving cards. I feel ridiculous buying cards for every little holiday, but I just get so excited about holidays that I can't help it. Plus I love to write cards and send mail. I continue to send a ridiculous number of Christmas cards every year, even to people who have never once acknowledged a Christmas card that I have sent them. I feel a little guilty about the environmental impact of all those cards, but it makes me so happy to send them, and sending e-cards just isn't the same.

4) Speaking of correspondence. . . I have had the same pen pal since the sixth grade. She lives in Sweden. A few years ago we switched to e-mail, but we still keep in touch now and then. It's astounding to me that I've been writing someone I have never met for over 15 years. Hopefully we'll meet someday when I finally make it to Europe!

5) I have an obsession with staying well-hydrated and well-moisturized. I rarely go anywhere without water, lip balm, and lotion. I cannot sleep at night before applying lotion to my hands, putting on lip balm, and taking one last sip of water before I turn out the light. See #2.

6) One of my favorite things in the world is Totino's Crispy Crust Party Pizzas (cheese, please). These are the extra-super cheap pizzas that usually sell for around $1. I inexplicably get cravings for them. I will admit that I truly love them, and that I deliberately avoid reading the ingredient list and nutrition information.

7) I am more domestic than I ever realized or was ready to admit. I love baking cookies and hosting parties. I love using my fancy dishes. I love that I have pretty towels and sheets. I feel ridiculous happiness walking around places like IKEA, Target, Crate & Barrel, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I've noticed that I gravitate more and more to the home magazines at the bookstore. I used to make fun of my mom's magazines and her talk of curtains and bedspreads--I honestly thought that would never be me, but here I am. It is weird, but good.

Stoked to be on my first visit to an IKEA store (Pittsburgh)

I don't think I will do any deliberate tagging here, but if anyone wants to share their own seven things, by all means, please do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun list! I enjoyed it.

Andria said...

yea, this was a good list. Thanks for sharing.

ashley said...

Love that Ikea pic. So Jenn!

mamaevel said...

yay! you did it!

and i love your holiday cards, even though iu shamefully admit that #1 i've only had the moxy to do them myself once, and #2 i'm totally that guy who never acknowledges them...

also, i adore you.