They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good Things

Thus far, I've posted about many true things (in fact, I've been way more honest than I ever thought I would be this early in the game), so I'd like to add some good things. I figure every once in a while I'll do a post about something that inspires me, something I think adds beauty or goodness to the world, something I find informative, or something I'd just like to share. Think of it a bit like Oprah's Favorite Things--without free giveaways.

Today's good thing is The Hunger Site (www.thehungersite.com), which also links to The Breast Cancer Site, The Child Health Site, The Literacy Site, The Rainforest Site, and The Animal Rescue Site.




You have likely heard of these sites before, particularly The Breast Cancer Site, which seems to have a forward going around every year or two. In a nutshell, these sites partner with sponsors to pay for cups of food and mammograms for people who are in need, healthcare and books for children, the protection of habitats, and food and care for homeless animals. And all you have to do is click for free!

I've visited The Hunger Site (and its affiliated sites) regularly for the last several years. At this point, it's as much a part of my morning routine as checking the headlines and the weather. In just 10 or 15 seconds, I am able to click on all of the sites; the tabs on the top make it very quick and easy. I have also purchased some gifts from The Hunger Site store, which features some beautiful and unique items, many of which are fair trade.

You can sign up to receive daily e-mail reminders to click, and I've also added it to my browser toolbar so I don't forget. It's a very simple--and free!--way to do a little bit of good.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm so glad you're publicizing these sites! The Animal Rescue Site is my homepage, just to be sure I don't forget every day.