I am sick. Again. I have yet another sinus infection, after finishing antibiotics for my first sinus infection only three weeks ago. I spent almost all weekend in bed. This is doubly sad because it appears I missed the only weekend to really enjoy the fall leaves at their peak, and they are gorgeous this year.
Fearing that my infection might interfere with my plans for Election Day, I called my doctor first thing. I have already begun my next round of antibiotics (I am, by the way, not antibiotic-happy or anything, but I know from much experience that nothing else will do at this point).
I will be at the polls tomorrow morning, dammit. I will vote, I will volunteer for Obama, I will make it to the watch party tomorrow night. I have been waiting for this for eight years and no little sinus infection will stop me!
(Seriously, I am begging the universe to please, please let me be well tomorrow morning. Missing Election Day will be like missing Christmas--it cannot happen!) Here's hoping that some rest and antibiotics do their job.
Whatever your political persuasion, happy voting tomorrow!
4 comments:
Jenn! So sorry you're sick again. I hope you're feeling surprisingly spritely today. :D
May I offer my two cents as a long time allergy & sinus issue sufferer... Two words....Neti Pot
By no means am I saying it will be the cure for your issue and that you'll never be sick again. However, I do feel that the Neti Pot helps maintain in between sickness and might even reduce the frequency of my full blown infections. Check it out online....You can even go to You Tube and see a demo. I bought mine at CVS. Basically, you're washing out your sinuses. It's a weird feeling at first, but once you get use to it, you love it.
Yucko on sick! But, I hope you're having an Obamarific Election Day!
(My word verification is "nospea" so I'm guessing that blogger is agreeing with Jenny Ray's suggestion...)
Hopefully the election has lifted your spirits even if your sinuses didn't get the memo!
Post a Comment