They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Breakable

Less than a week ago, I bought Ingrid Michaelson's most recent album. There is a song on there called "Breakable" that's been stuck in my head all week. The lyrics read as follows:
Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts.
So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess,
And to stop the muscle that makes us confess.

And we are so fragile,
And our cracking bones make noise,
And we are just,
Breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.
That song keeps playing over and over in my head. In light of recent events, I find it eerily haunting and strangely comforting all at the same time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen.

I'm hear to listen if you get the urge to type or talk.

Niki said...

i love that song - it's gorgeous. i'm glad it comforts you, but i'm oh so sorry that it must.