They came to sit and dangle their feet off the edge of the world. And after awhile they forgot everything but the good and true things they would do someday. -Brian Andreas

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome to my Corner of the Blog Universe

After much deliberation, I have decided to, finally, create a blog. I have hesitated, wondering if a) I will have the time to post b) I will somehow be "outed" on the Internet and a potential employer will Google me, find my blog, and refuse to hire me because I made a nasty post about a former boss c) my blog will measure up to all of the thoughtful, witty, and informative blogs that my brilliant and beautiful friends have been sharing for months, if not years.


I have yet to see how this blog will take shape, but I suspect that it will be filled with the things I find "good and true," hence the title and quote compliments of Brian Andreas and his StoryPeople print.

This print is a favorite of mine. I keep a copy on my desk at work. There's something very beautiful to me about the simplicity of saying that you are going to do "good and true things." I seem to spend a lot of time these days contemplating what is good and what is true--and in some cases, figuring out what the good and the true even are. (Of course, I also spend a lot of time contemplating what flavor of Ben & Jerry's to buy, which season of "Sex and the City" I most feel like watching, and when I'm ever going to get around to getting a new pair of pants hemmed. So don't take me too seriously just yet.)

So, my good and true friends, I hope you enjoy. May the blogging begin!

8 comments:

ashley said...

Hooray, hooray! I'm so glad that you decided to start blogging! Welcome to the blogiverse! :)

Elizabeth said...

yay! I'm glad that you are blogging - I've been thinking about it too. It will be nice to know what is going on with you!

Andria said...

yea! welcome. . I'm glad to have another blog to add to my rounds of procrastination, contemplation and well, just keeping up with folks. fun times!

Anonymous said...

Great title.
--Your anonymous husband

jenn said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited to have officially joined the blogiverse.

tempe & chris said...

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined us! I look forward to reading!! :)

Happy New Year!!

jenn said...

Thanks, Tempe! One of the things I'm most looking forward to is getting back in touch with old friends. I'll definitely be checking out your blog, too.

Niki said...

I cannot convey how excited I am that you are joining us in the blogosphere! I look forward to your posts!